1. If I have an emergency should I call Alarmco first?
No. If you have an emergency, call 911 first. If you are unable to call 911, then depress the panic button on your touchpad, and Alarmco will request emergency services.
2. If I lose electrical power will my alarm system still function?
Yes. In case of a power loss, the back-up battery will activate to maintain your alarm protection for several hours. In the event your battery is low, a low-battery signal will be sent to our local Central Station so you can be notified.
3. What is included in the standard home alarm system installation?
There is no one answer to this question. Each system is configured specifically for the installation. All systems include these items Master Control Panel, Keypad, Backup Battery, Yard Sign and Window Decals. Additional items such as Sirens, Bells, Door/Window Sensors, Glass break detectors, Motion Detectors, Smoke detectors, CO2 Detectors and Long Range radio are then added as needed.
4. How much does it cost?
Costs vary depending on your needs. Installation costs are very affordable.
5. Do you monitor other companies' equipment?
To assure high-quality equipment performance, monitoring and customer service, we use only the most sophisticated monitoring receivers and automation which lets us monitor almost every type of system possible.
6. How long is the contractual agreement?
Your initial contractual obligation depending on the type of system you receive will be 36 to 60 months.
7. How do I get an Alarmco Security system in my home?
To schedule your activation, please call Alarmco sales at (702) 382-5000.
8. Can I pay by check or credit card each month automatically?
Yes, with Alarmco’s Auto Payment Plan
9. Can I pay my monitoring on a quarterly or annual basis?
Yes Alarmco allows you the flexibility to pay your monitoring monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually. With your one-time enrollment, your payment is sent directly from your financial institution to Alarmco or is automatically charged to your credit card.
10. What if I have a business that I want protected?
Because all businesses have different needs, we will set up an appointment with one of our consultants to determine your needs.
11. I'm a renter. Can I get a system?
YES, with the landlord or owner approval in writing.
12. I have a question regarding my system and/or account.
For questions regarding your account, please call our Customer Care department at (702) 382-5000
13. What happens if I move before my initial three-year contract is up?
For questions regarding your account, please call us at (702) 382-5000
14. How is radio telemetry better than back up cell service?
Radio uses a proprietary frequency licensed to Alarmco. Each radio is both a receiver and a transmitter making every radio a separate path back to our Central Station. There is never any additional cost for multiple signals that would accrue with a cell unit.
15. What does it mean to me to know that Alarmco is a U.L. listed Central Station?
It means that all your calls go straight to our Las Vegas location. It means that we are inspected by U.L. annually for compliance. It means that when there is a problem or alarm, the person you are talking to is familiar with the area, weather. It means we do not sell your account out to someone in another state. And finally it means that we are privately owned and our reputation reflects our business practices.
16. What sets Alarmco apart from the rest of the competition?
Alarmco is the largest locally owned and operated security company in Nevada. We've been in operation for over 60 years investing personal resources to benefit the community. Alarmco invested in it's own proprietary radio system for completely secure signal transmitting vs. relying on telephone lines that can be tampered with. We offer this service at a fraction of the cost that local telephone companies charge for their services.
17. What type of services do you provide?
Alarmco offers a verity of services and applications for residential, commercial and industrial sites. We offer Burglar alarms, Fire Alarm Systems, Building Access Control Systems, CCTV surveillance coverage, Monitoring and Dispatch Service, Key Service, Locksmith service, security officers, fire watch and Alarm response. Alarmco can handle all of your security needs.
18. Do you offer key service to my home or business if I'm away so you'll be able to respond for a service related matter?
Yes we do provide this option to our customers at a separate nominal fee.
19. Do you provide opening and closing reports for my business so I can see who accesses my site?
Yes we do provide this option to our customers at a separate nominal fee. Reports are sent via email.
20. What happens if my phone lines are cut?
The alarm system will still sound locally but will not be monitored. Here at Alarmco we offer radio backup using our own radio system that is not dependant on any phone lines, internet or cell unit. It does not have a per call cost or a third party provider that its dependant on. The signal will get to us if the phone lines are cut or the power is out. For more information click here.
21. How do I know if my alarm system is working the way it should?
First, all alarms should be tested monthly by the home or business owner. This can be done by calling our monitoring center and putting your system on test, then sending signals by arming your system and opening doors, windows and tripping motions, etc. Call for details on testing smokes, heats and carbon monoxide detectors.
22. What happens when the power goes out?
The alarm systems then runs on a battery or set of batteries depending on the initial install and power consumption rate. The alarm system should run for 4 to 24 hours on standby power.
23. Are my telephone calls to Alarmco recorded?
Yes! All calls made to or from Alarmco are recorded for security purposes and to ensure accuracy of our dispatchers and customer instructions.